The oil storage building was constructed by the Lighthouse Service in 1913 and had deteriorated due to years of weather and neglect.
Vandals had broken into the building causing a lot of damage to the exterior metal and wood paneling.
Contractors hired by the BLM stripped the building of hazardous materials.
TPLPS volunteer, Hans Rothert, replacing fir paneling that had to be custom milled as it is no longer commercially available.
TPLPS volunteer, Bill Benjamin, installing custom formed sheet metal at base of walls.
New corrugated steel roofing being installed by volunteers.
Volunteer, Bill Benjamin, with ventilator he recreated in his shop.
New corrugated steel siding being installed by volunteers.
Volunteer, Jim Bergquist, installing last piece of siding.
All new specially formed sheet metal was installed on the facia and under the eaves.
The door had to be repaired.
Project complete by TPLPS and awaiting final coat of paint by BLM contractor.
Restoration complete. TPLPS proposing to use building as whale interpretive center.